Blog Compass by Google – An interesting way to know your blog
Blogging today is not all about writing. It requires bloggers to think about the trending topics, checking whether the written blog posts is a success with the audience by judging parameters such as the number of views, likes, shares, ranking on the search results, etc. The truth, however, remains, most bloggers would be more than happy to concentrate on writing than worrying about such aspects. With more than ten thousands bloggers in India alone (there is no fixed number available), the need for apps to help bloggers were heard and addressed by Google and that’s why they decided to come up with Blog Compass.
What is Blog Compass?
Blog Compass by Google – is an interesting way to know your blog. It lets the blogger focus on what’s most important – writing. No wonder, Google is marketing it using the tagline – write more, worry less. Apart from bloggers, this is a tool which can be used by the digital marketing community as stats show that nearly 55% of marketers give top priority to blogging.
This is not the first time Google has made a product which is India-centric. They have made a slew of products such as Tez (now Google Pay) for payments, Areo for ordering food, and lighter versions of Google’s search app and YouTube. With Compass, they did the same by quietly putting it up on the Play Store with the note – only available in India.
Using Google Compass
The best aspect as put forth by Dru Knox, the Product Manager for Google Search, is that it will integrate both with WordPress and Blogger, which are two of the largest platforms used by writer and bloggers from all around the globe. WordPress alone powers around 30% of the websites globally. The user can log-in using either account and connect to Google Analytics and Search Console.
There are two primary aspects of Blog Compass. These along with its features are –
Writing interesting content
- It is made specifically for the emerging Indian market and so both Hindi and English language users can use it with ease
- It helps users find relevant topics based on the interests and posting history of the blogger,
- Provides relevant tips such as which keywords to use to make the blogs more interesting to the audiences
- Helps those individuals know how to write but are not adept in using the internet or blogging by putting a learning center in the app which provides help on various topics such as Webmaster Guidelines, getting started with SEO and analytics, how to get your website listed on Google, etc.
- Provides existing bloggers a powerful platform to reach out to their prospective audiences
Additional Read – Best Online Grammar Checker Tools You Must Try
Analysis of their content
- Helps bloggers manage their websites by providing them their site statistics, and providing them relevant tips on how to market their blogs better
- Bloggers can view various parameters such as the number of viewers, the sources of the traffic including the search results which lead them to the blog, demographic details, and the most popular Google searches, all in one place
- It also provides Google Trends data based on the blog post history
The Way Forward
It is interesting to note that the Blog Compass App is available only on Android and is a mere 5.1 MB in size. However, it is still an open beta which means Google is collecting data and feedback based on the experiences of the bloggers. This will help them add new features and remove any kind of bugs in the future.
It will be worth finding out what features get added in the app, whether it is made available to iOS users or not, if yes, then when? And most importantly, whether it will remain available just for the Indian users or will Google make it available to other countries in due time.