Is It the Right Time to Hire an SEO Company for Professional SEO Services
October 20, 2020
SEO has been around for a long time. But not everyone can perfect it. Not everyone has perfected it. So how do you know if it is the ‘right’ time to hire an SEO Company or continue doing in-house SEO?
Time will tell. And so will this article. Read on to learn the 10 tell-tale signs that it is high time to hire an SEO company for professional SEO services:
You are falling behind your competition
A good SEO strategy is not just about doing basic on-page SEO. It is also about ranking on the top of some 75000 search queries that Google handles every second.
You need to understand the Google search engine landscape to know how to move ahead of the competition. You also need to understand the strategies used by your competitor and do it better. For this, you need to do competitor research, analyze their SEO strategy, identify their backlink profile, and improve on it. Doing this requires a lot of work and expertise.
If you’re falling behind your competitors, hiring an SEO agency can help you gain an edge over them. The goal is to establish yourself as an authority in your niche, and an SEO agency can help you achieve it.
Amongst other things, here’s what an SEO agency can do for you:
- Curate an SEO case study for your business and niche.
- Generate and execute content ideas for voice search SEO.
- Conduct competitor research for you and track & scale your growth.
- Keep you updated on the latest trends and how to make the most of it.
- Fashion monthly SEO audit reports and identify an SEO model that works for you.
- Show you if it is worth optimizing your content for the contentious Google Discover.
You are wasting time on basic SEO instead of business growth
If you, a business owner, are personally taking the time to do basic SEO instead of delegating the task to SEO professionals who have relevant expertise, you’re doing it wrong. You’re wasting valuable time on something that you probably aren’t even adept at in the first place.
Unfortunately, doing basic SEO will not help you rank in search engines. Even if you have a basic understanding of SEO, you should leave it to the experts who can come up with a more comprehensive plan.
Hiring an SEO agency can help. Here are some of its benefits:
- They help you save a lot of time, which you can use to focus on things that might be more critical to your business needs at this point.
- With an agency comes a team of SEO professionals who will work to meet your business goals and plan & execute your digital marketing strategies for you.
Your in-house SEO strategy is failing
If your keywords are not fetching results, it means that your in-house SEO strategy is failing. This is a classic example of a failed in-house SEO strategy because it means that you are not using the right keywords or you’re not using them correctly.
Just because you have an SEO strategy in place does not guarantee success. Just because you’re using keywords does not mean that you’re using them correctly.
So if you’re not seeing tangible results in traffic or search engine visibility after a whole year of actively engaging in SEO, you need professional help.
In this scenario, you can do one of two things:
- You can hire SEO professionals to join your in-house team.
- You can hire an SEO agency with a proven track record of fetching SEO success.
The first option is a gamble because almost everyone you know today claims to be an SEO expert with basic SEO knowledge. To reap the rewards of an effective search engine optimization strategy, it is best to go for agencies with proven experience in delivering SEO success.
After all, SEO is a big-time commitment. If you’re investing the money, you might as well invest it in an SEO agency as they would have rich experience in doing SEO for diverse verticals and the skillsets and resources to help you with your SEO initiatives too.
Moreover, SEO agency professionals are keyword experts and have a strong command over it. They can identify the right keywords and help you rank for them.
You don’t have the resources to hire an in-house SEO Team
Unfortunately, doing SEO in-house comes with its own set of challenges such as:
- You will have to hire an in-house SEO team and spend a massive amount of money on salaries and other benefits without being sure of SEO success.
- You will have to invest in expensive SEO tools like Ahrefs, which can be counterproductive if you don’t know how to make the most of it efficiently.
Despite this significant investment, there’s no guarantee that your in-house SEO team will be able to deliver SEO growth and meet your objectives.
So when you take all this into account, hiring an SEO agency proves to be much more cost-effective and manpower-efficient than building your in-house team. They can help you make the most of your investment at a comparatively less amount of money.
You got an SEO penalty from Google and don’t know what to do!
There are two types of penalties that Google can use against you:
- Manual Penalties – The manual penalty is done by Google’s in-house spam check team. They review websites and flag & penalize any website that may come across as ‘malicious’.
- Algorithmic Penalties – Google’s algorithm works in real-time, scans websites and weeds out links that it doesn’t trust. They have crawlers or bots that crawl your website and penalize those that engage in suspicious activity. If you’re wondering why your search ranking is undergoing a significant dip, it is high time to take a step back and introspect what you’re doing wrong.
If Google suspects that you’re engaging in suspicious SEO activity (even if you aren’t), it will not hold back from artificially lowering your ranks until you address the issue. You may have broken a golden SEO rule without even realizing it.
So if you have been penalized by Google and you can’t troubleshoot the problem on your own, it is probably best to hire SEO services from top agencies to resolve your issues.
You are not proficient in On-page & Off-page SEO
SEO is an ongoing progress. You can’t just optimize one page or one blog and leave out everything else. Moreover, optimizing your page for SEO (on-page) is not enough. You need to push for and engage in off-page SEO practice too.
Off-page SEO is an SEO practice that happens outside of your website or blog. Here are some examples of off-page SEO you can do:
- Social media sharing of your blog posts or website to drive traffic back to your site
- Getting backlinks via guest posts and using anchor texts to rank your blog for specific keywords
- Engaging in content marketing practices like Quora marketing & guest posting, etc.
So if you’re not proficient in both on-page and off-page SEO, you might need to hire SEO Companies
Did you Know – Techmagnate Provides complete expertise for both On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO
You can’t keep up with the latest SEO trends
Google updates its algorithm every 12 hours. This impacts SEO too.
According to Backlinko, Google uses over 200 factors in their algorithm for ranking websites. This means that your SEO strategy needs to evolve to accommodate these frequent updates.
Your need to take into account these growing changes in Google’s algorithms. Moreover, it would be best if you keep yourself regularly updated on the latest trends in SEO at all times. So if you aren’t keeping up and actively improving your SEO strategy, you’re already falling behind.
If this sounds anything like you, it is high time to consult and hire SEO expert services from agencies as they can do monthly SEO audits and help you improve your SEO.
When you hire SEO company services, they can help you:
- Analyze your backlinks.
- Identify your broken links & remove them.
- Advice on how to optimize your top-performing websites.
- Update you on existing content that needs improving.
- Give you an in-depth SEO analysis of your website.
Additional Read: How to Increase Revenue with Organic Traffic
You can’t prioritize SEO and lack time to implement it
When done right, the results of an effective SEO strategy can be monumental. The results are permanent. This is why a lot of companies invest both time and resources in perfecting SEO.
To reap the rewards of a long-term SEO strategy and rank on top of the SERPS (search engine result pages), you will need to:
- Put in the time and effort and plan & execute a comprehensive SEO strategy.
Understand the algorithm and know how to optimize your content to match these changes.
Identify & strategically use the right keywords to create a more comprehensive and better content than everyone on the internet.
Work on increasing your DR by engaging in a lot of link-building exercises.
Despite all this effort, it can take anywhere between 6 months to 1-2 years for your SEO efforts to show results. This can be very frustrating for you if you don’t have the time to do justice to your SEO process.
If the nature of your business is such that you can’t prioritize SEO in the immediate or foreseeable future, it is best to hire SEO specialist services from top agencies who can do the work for you.
You don’t know how Local SEO works
Local SEO is the practice of optimizing your website content for local search results. Here are some facts about local SEO that you probably did not know:
- 88% of people who do a local product/service search end up calling or visiting a business that appears on top of the search result within 24 hours.
- This means that if you optimize your product or service page for local keywords and rank for them, you have a high chance of converting 88% of your website visitors.
In other words, if your business is not targeting local keywords and ranking for them, you will not be able to appear in local searches. In other words, you won’t be able to reach and target local prospects and customers. This just shows the power of Local SEO and the need to make full use of it.
So if you don’t understand the concept of Local SEO, how it works, and how to best leverage it; it is perhaps high time to hire an local SEO agency.
You aren’t ranking on Page One of Google
If you don’t optimize your content for SEO, you will never make it to page one of google. And if your post never makes it to page one of Google, it will be difficult, if not impossible, to attract website traffic unless you’re actively spending money on advertisements.
Here are some hacks that businesses engage in to get website traffic without a long-term SEO strategy:
- Invest in PPC or pay per click advertisement. It is a type of online marketing where you have to pay money for every website visitor you get from advertising on search engines like Google.
- Engage in paid social media marketing campaigns to link back to their website’s landing page.
- Engage in other forms of paid marketing to attract traffic to their website.
Investing money in ads, while beneficial for the short term, is not feasible in the long run.
There is no point in paying for traffic when you can attract it organically for free by optimizing your content for search engines. This is the beauty of SEO – while it is a long-term engagement, the results are here to stay for a long time.
So if you are doing SEO but are unable to rank on page one of Google, don’t worry. You can outsource your work to an SEO agency who can do the heavy lifting for you.
Irrespective of the size and budget of your business, there is always an SEO agency for you. You can always reach out to an SEO agency that matches your company’s needs. It is never too late to start.
In this blog, we have attempted to answer questions like ‘why hire an SEO company at this point?’ or ‘should I hire SEO company professionals to do SEO for my company?’. We hope that this blog has played an instrumental role in helping you make an informed decision on whether you should hire professional SEO expert companies to do search engine optimization for you.
Let us know if you have a question in the comments below. We would love to hear from you!
Additional Read: Questions to Ask Before Hiring an SEO Agency