Increased Monthly App Installations by 122%: ASO Case Study of Bajaj Finserv
About the Client
Bajaj Finserv has become a household name today in the financial services sector. It independently runs the core businesses of Lending, Insurance, and Wealth Advisory. It is the most diversified retail-focused NBFC in the country and the largest financier of consumer durables. It prides itself for holding the highest credit rating of FAAA for any NBFC in the country today.
As more and more people are now resorting to mobile devices and apps for their daily use, Bajaj Finserv built a user-friendly app to make it easy for its existing and new customers to manage their accounts and get information related to the company’s services and products on the go.
However, the challenge was that a plethora of app-based lenders had mushroomed over the last couple of years thanks to the Fintech revolution in the country. As a result the app stores were crowded and it was going to be difficult to create visibility for the Bajaj Finserv App in the finance category!
The Techmagnate team came up with the results-oriented app store optimization services and a comprehensive plan to meet the clients’ objectives:
- Keyword Research – We used ASO tools to do a comprehensive app store keyword research and find what customers might search for. We scoured popular forums, Q&A portals, finance blogs, etc. to identify even more queries and then categorized them into two parts:
- Sales based queries for targeting new customers – for example, loan app, personal loan, credit card, instant loan app etc.
- Service based queries for targeting existing customers – for example, how to pay loan emi, download loan statement, bajaj finserv customer login etc.
- App Optimization – We conducted an in-depth analysis on the existing App Title, Short Description, Long Description, App Video, Screenshots, Reviews and Ratings and other on-app factors and suggested changes to the app development team.
- Content Marketing & App Promotion – Our team of SEO experts undertook content marketing to promote the app on popular app directories, blogs and forums. This led to improvement in keywords rankings for targeted keywords in the app store and google web search results as well.
- Optimization for App Pack in Google Search Results – We added app download banners on the high visibility areas of the client’s website for better discoverability. And also optimized the Website to show in App Pack results for relevant queries on web search. This drove tremendous downloads for the App!
- Reviews and Ratings – As part of our app promotion strategy we analyzed existing reviews and work with the customer experience team to respond to the users in a more personalized manner, addressing their queries. We completed the loop by requesting the reviewers to provide their feedback once their issues were resolved.
This proactive approach helped us get a huge number of positive reviews on a monthly basis for Bajaj Finserv and significantly improve the overall rating and popularity of the App on the iOS and Google Play stores.
The relentless effort put in by our app marketing team brought forward some amazing results for Bajaj Finserv.
App Store Rankings
As you can see below, our team delivered incredible improvement in rankings for some of the most competitive keywords in the App Stores in the Finance Industry from March 2019 to February 2020.
|Keywords||Search Volume (Play Store)||March’19 Ranking||Feb’20 Ranking|
|personal loan app||2000||–||6|
|online loan app||2000||19||9|
|bajaj personal loan app||1600||5||1|
|instant personal loan app||1390||–||8|
|credit card apply app||1300||18||2|
Our app store optimization efforts helped increase the number of monthly app installs by 122% from March’19 to February’20 and 63% over the previous 12 months period!
App Reviews & App Ratings
Our app marketing experts helped improve the # reviews on the Google Play store by 56% over the 12 months period and the percentage of 5-star reviews increased from 52% to 63% during the same period.
As a result, the average rating of app went from an ordinary 3.92 in March’19 to a stellar 4.5 in Feb’20.
New Delhi, Delhi, India: Techmagnate, an award-winning SEO and digital marketing firm, has recently bagged the content marketing mandate for Snapdeal – one of India’s top e-commerce marketplaces. Techmagnate has long enjoyed its status as a market leader in SEO Services and will be responsible for boosting Snapdeal’s organic visibility via high quality content marketing […]...
New Delhi, Delhi, India: Techmagnate, an award-winning SEO and digital marketing agency, has recently bagged the digital mandate for Pine Labs: the leading merchant platform and provider of POS machines in India. As part of the digital mandate, Techmagnate will be taking over the SEO and SEM...
New Delhi, Delhi, India: Techmagnate, a leading SEO and digital marketing agency in India, is featured on Digital.com’s list of the Best App Marketing Companies of 2021. Given the large number of app marketing agencies trying to get featured on this coveted list, it is a matter of great...