Sr. Executive Media Buyer
As a media buyer you will negotiate, purchase and monitor advertising space on behalf of clients. The aim is to reach the highest number of people in the target audience at the lowest possible cost.
You'll be involved in:
- Identifying the target audience for a particular media campaign and deciding how best to communicate to that audience;
- Keeping up to date with industry research figures, including distribution figures & audience figures digitally;
- Monitoring buying strategies;
- Liaising and building relationships with clients and media sales companies;
- Negotiating with media sales companies to obtain the best rates and most appropriate media spaces online;
- Booking individual advertising spots, e.g. pages, posters, internet banners;
- Ensuring that the adverts run accurately so that the desired media message is seen and heard by consumers;
- Client reporting and budget management, including preparing costings for clients and producing spending updates throughout the campaign;
- Collecting and analysing sales and consumer data;
- Undertaking research using a range of specialist media resources;
- Analysing the effectiveness of the campaign and using this data to inform future campaigns.
- Team work and interpersonal skills for liaising with clients and colleagues;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Presentation skills for reporting back to clients;
- Good numerical, analytical and research skills to evaluate campaigns;
- Strong organisational skills, accuracy and the ability to assimilate information quickly;
- Negotiation skills to get the best advertising space at the best price;
- A good understanding of media;
- The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and make decisions quickly;
- IT literacy;
- Creativity and problem-solving skills;
- Commercial and budget awareness.
- 3-6 years of experience working in Media Buying & Management. Agency experience desired.