Infographics, SEO, Social Media,
Why you must focus on Google Plus?[Infographic]
December 5, 2013 Sarvesh Bagla
When it comes to SEO, a lot of people, even professional webmasters and optimizers, sometimes undermine the importance of how Google+ can work for them. The combination of Google Plus and SEO is often superseded by other social media marketing platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
But those who are in the know agree that Google+, irrespective of the low adoption rate when it comes to being an online marketing platform, matters to search engine optimization.
And here’s why:
- Obtain link authority: When you share a link on Google+, it passes link authority to that page. This is something that is unique to Google+ and does not happen when sharing links on any other social media channel. Google, in order to combat spam, has had a stringent “no-follow” policy for links in the text of a post but links that get shared on the Google+ page are exempt of this clause. Building link authority is a major aspect of optimization and using Google+ as a medium to do so makes it that little bit easier to achieve that goal.
- Road to better rankings: While Google hasn’t openly confirmed this but sharing posts and being active on your Google+ page does seem to have a correlation with better overall rankings. Speculation is rife that, if not actively at the moment but as Google Plus’ clout increases as a social networking platform, the algorithms from the pages will be integrated into search engines. In that sense, it is good practice for the future.
- Free Branding Features: Considering the amount of money you have to pay to get an ad featured on Google’s search result, the fact that knowledge graphs use brand logo, company information as well as the latest shared post from Google+, gives you the opportunity to have a readymade billboard. That too for free. The only thing you need to do is share relevant content regularly on your Google+ page.
- Quicker access to your content: One of the biggest advantages of sharing content on Google+ is the fact that it facilitates the quick discovery of what you have shared. For agencies, Google+ SEO should be part of all SEO packages because the search crawlers at Google actually use Google+ as the first point of reference when they are looking to discover new content. Within a very short time frame of sharing, the content comes under the radar of the bots. This quick-indexing process is vey worthy and helps site-owners beta competition effectively.
- Future: While Google+ is essentially still trying to gain a solid foothold in the online marketing, it won’t be long before the dent gets bigger. With constant improvement and constructive changes, Google is looking to go from strength to strength with this platform and given the future, it makes complete sense to join the bandwagon early and get a solid start as soon as possible. After that, it is just a matter of growing with the network.
While at the current given point, Google+ might not be priority when it comes to a marketing platform, it also is not correct to ignore it completely. The idea is be aware and consistently evolve to make the most of whatever opportunities it has on offer.
Why is Local SEO essential for your company, either you are located in Delhi or in other city of India & worldwide?