What are the Tested Benefits of Bumper Ads?
July 19, 2023
Bumper ads are short video ads designed to increase brand awareness by delivering a concise and memorable message. These ads last for about six seconds. However, their memorable nature increases the likelihood of viewers remembering the brand or message. Moreover, you can use bumper ads independently or in conjunction with related YouTube ads.
Having run multiple campaigns utilizing bumper ads, we have come to realize that they are truly a game-changer and offer a plethora of significant advantages. Simply put, bumper ads boost brand awareness, reach a wide audience, and provide a cost-effective advertising solution.
Bumper ads are unskippable.
Unlike longer video ads that viewers often skip, bumper ads’ concise format allows for the efficient delivery of key messages. This means that advertisers have a guaranteed opportunity to deliver their message in its entirety, ensuring maximum exposure and impact.
Bumper ads appear on YouTube and video partner websites.
Bumper ads work well when run along with related YouTube ads and Google’s video partner websites. This extensive distribution allows brands to connect with their target audience across multiple platforms, greatly enhancing the video reach and brand exposure.
Furthermore, the short format of bumper ads is particularly advantageous for mobile advertising. As viewers often watch videos on the go using their mobile devices, the concise nature of bumper ads becomes highly effective in capturing their attention and delivering a memorable brand message.
Bumper ads are cost-effective.
Bumper ads provide a cost-effective solution for advertisers. The short duration of these ads results in lower production costs, making them attractive to those with limited budgets. Advertisers can make multiple iterations without incurring significant expenses. Additionally, bumper ads are priced based on a cost per thousand impressions (CPM) model, enabling better control over ad spend.
Bumper ads are apt for brand awareness.
Bumper ads are well-suited for building brand awareness within a short span of time. Their concise nature forces advertisers to distill their message to its essence, ensuring that viewers quickly grasp the brand’s key attributes or unique selling propositions.
By focusing on delivering a strong brand message, bumper ads can leave a lasting impression and pique the interest of viewers, ultimately driving brand recall and recognition.
Bumper Ads Best Practices For Advertisers
Here are some best practices you must incorporate to make better bumper ads –
- Focus on a single purpose: Since bumper ads are only six seconds long, it’s important to focus on a single, simple purpose to make an impact.
- Keep it simple: Bumper ads should be simple and easy to understand. Avoid using complex messaging or visuals that can be confusing to viewers.
- Start with something eye-catching: It is important to grab the viewer’s attention immediately. Start with something eye-catching to make an impact.
- Custom create it for the length: Bumper ads work best when specifically built for the six-second format. Instead of cut-downs or even cut-outs from longer ads, consider how they can bring something to the story that might normally be left out.
- Let details shine: Bumpers are great for highlighting product features and campaign details. Headlines, taglines, and product shots can be effective in delivering a message in a short amount of time.
- Budget time to establish the ad and stick to the landing: The ad should have a clear beginning, middle, and end, and the message should be delivered effectively.
Bumper ads offer a range of benefits that make them a valuable and effective advertising format for businesses and marketers. With their concise and compelling messaging, bumper ads drive increased brand awareness, achieve high viewability and completion rates, and deliver cost-effective solutions for advertising campaigns.
If you’d like to leverage video advertising for your business, connect with Techmagnate for video marketing services.