Micro Influencer Marketing: Marketing at Micro Level
Micro Influencer Marketing: More Leads in Less Time!
Brands want more leads in less time and Micro Influencer marketing does this easily.
What is Micro Influencer Marketing and How to do it?
Micro Influencers aren’t just traditional Influencers, in fact, they know or have followers, subscribers or connections with the majority of influencers or experts in a particular business vertical, domain or you can say a niche. They do influencer marketing at micro level and this is the reason how less followers lead to a higher engagement rate. Reports show in 2016, 86% of marketers allocated budget towards Influencers. But how you can do micro influencer marketing? Read below to understand this!
Micro Influencer Marketing: Some Interesting Facts
There are certain interesting facts about Micro Influencer marketing that will enhance your interest towards practicing it.
- 59% of Micro Influencers think Instagram is the most effective social media platform to engage their target audience.
- 51% of marketers believe they acquire better customers through Micro Influencer marketing.
- 84% of marketers said they would launch at least one influencer campaign within the next 12 months.
- Nearly 40% of Twitter users say they’ve made a purchase as a direct result of a Tweet from an influencer.
- Micro Influencers do 22.2 times more purchase-related conversations and product recommendations than other average users.
- 82% consumers follow recommendations made by a Micro Influencer.
- 94% consumers consider Micro Influencers to be more believable, knowledgeable and credible.
- According to 92% consumers, Micro Influencers are also considered to be better at explaining how a certain product works or how it’s supposed to be used.
Difference Between Micro Influencers and Influencers
A lot of people get confused between Micro Influencers and simple Infleuncers. How will you differentiate between Micro Influencers and other influencers? Below information will make you understand basic difference between a Micro Influencer and an Influencer.
- Celebrities – 1 million+ followers or subscribers
- Top Influencers – 500,000 to 1 million followers or subscribers
- Middle Influencers – 100,000 to 500,000 followers or subscribers
- Micro Influencers – 1000 to 100,000 followers or subscribers
You will be amazed to know that studies show less followers drive more traffic.
How to Find or Get Micro Influencers?
- First step will be to search for profiles that have relevant niche, follower counts somewhere between 10,000 and 100,000, have high engagement rate and a good social authority level which further leads to a high conversion rate. These are the criteria that you should look for while searching for a genuine Micro Influencer of your niche.
- Second step will be, to study their content to verify their standard and reliability.
- The last, but the most vital step, is to outreach them and convince them to work with you.
What are Major Platforms for Micro Influencer Marketing?
When it comes to Influencers or Micro Influencers, Instagram and Twitter are the biggest Micro Influencer marketing platforms.
Instagram has 400 million daily active users and 150 million daily active Instagram stories. However, Twitter has 271 million monthly active users and 500 million tweets on each day. Competition is very high on both the platforms. Average engagement rate for all Instagram posts is 1.1%, whereas average Twitter CTR is 1.64%.
Micro Influencer Marketing: Challenges to Overcome
There are a lot of challenges and difficulties brands and enterprise level companies face while doing Micro Influencer marketing and these need to be overcome. Below we’ve collected those challenges faced from all social media platforms:
More followers lead to less clicks on Twitter
- Users with 50 – 1,000 followers had a 6.16% CTR.
- Users with 1,000 – 5,000 followers had a 1.45% CTR.
- Users with 5,000 – 10,000 followers had a 0.55% CTR.
- Users with 10,000+ followers had a 0.45% CTR.
More followers lead to less likes on Instagram
- 1,000 followers have an average “like” rate of around 8%.
- Followers within the range of 1,000 – 10,000 the “like” rate falls to 4%.
- Followers in the range of 10,000 – 100,000 “like” rate falls to 2.4%.
- Followers exceeds the range 100,000 “like” rate falls to 1.7%.
More followers also lead to less engagement on an average on Instagram
- 1,000 followers or fewer manage to get 9.7% engagement
- 1,000-4,000 followers manage to get 4.5% engagement
- 4,000-100,000 followers manage to get 2.4% engagement
- More than 100,000 followers manage to get only 1.7% engagement
Top Strategies for Micro Influencer Marketing
So, here we’re providing latest and top strategies for doing Micro Influencer marketing. Studies have revealed that Micro Influencers generally focus on certain factors to maximize the clicks and retweets count on different social media platforms. Micro Influencers have undertaken some strategies on Twitter marketing, based on the engagement facts and figures. Some of those instances are:
1. A tweet that clearly states the offers performs better than the tweets with vague copies. They receive:
- 18% more clicks and
- 29.8% more retweets
2. It has been noticed that 18% CTR can be achieved with compelling headlines.
3. A tweet with average copy got 98 clicks, whereas a headline-based tweet got 110 clicks.
4. A tweet with 1-2 hashtags (#) has 21% higher engagement than a tweet with 3-4.
5. A tweet with images receives 18% more CTR.
Micro Influencer Marketing: Top Benefits
Doing Micro Influencer marketing for your brand or organization will make you stand out! Some brilliant approaches of Micro Influencer marketing have stated the benefits of it.
- It Improves Search Ranking:
Partnering with influential bloggers can drive 2,000+ visitors a month and increase sales by 50% in every quarter.
- It Generates High Quality Leads:
Customized post on Instagram can generate more than 1,000 likes.
- Engage New Target Audiences:
Giveaways and contests are excellent ways to receive above 100 likes and comments.
- It Drives More Conversions:
Create a unique discount code for each influencer to share with their followers. This may drive more than 8K+ likes.
Micro Influencers are trusted more than the most famous celebrity by 92%.
So, this was all about what is Micro Influencer marketing and how to do it. You will be happy to know there is a prominent future for Micro Influencer marketing. In 2017, Influencer marketing and Micro Influencer marketing both are expected to grow and expand manifold. Digital marketing agency like Techmagnate, leader in offering digital marketing services have professionals assisting in Micro Influencer marketing.