Linkedin For Business Growth & Lead Generation
Linkedin is a very effective platform for advertisers and businesses not only in India but the world over. In India alone, there are about 47 million Linkedin users, second only to the US which has 149 million users and yet far ahead of China which has about 41 million users. Its popularity as an advertising base in comparison to Facebook or Twitter is unfair, as the content quality and target audiences vary immensely.
Unsurprisingly, the number of LinkedIn users continues to grow as job seekers, professionals, and entrepreneurs recognise the power business networking has on revenue growth. The site features many tools that can lead to partnerships, promotion, and more. Here are a few ways you can use LinkedIn for business growth.
- Partnerships: One of the best things about LinkedIn is the immense opportunities for partnerships with people in your own country or abroad. The great thing about the platform is that you can reach out not only to the CEOs and top management, but also to other team members to learn more about the organization’s culture, and its vision. Linkedin for organic marketing is extremely effective, especially as there is no limitation to organic reach.
Use the search to identify companies best suited to your business growth:
For example, if you run a catering service, reaching out to wedding & event planners, HR departments, etc. is necessary. An event will require elaborate menus while a partnership with HR can present an opportunity to provide daily meals to the staff at subsidized rates. You can reach out to decorators, equipment suppliers, food suppliers and more. A partnership has a better chance of survival if it begins by reaching out to the right person within a company.
- Lead Generation: As a business, you are always looking for new ways to market your service or products. LinkedIn provides a huge market which is untapped as well as unaware of your existence. It offers Search features and Sales Navigator which allows you to narrow down results and find exactly you are seeking.
Use the connect feature to connect with a potential investor, collaborator or customer. Reaching out is not enough, you need to follow-up with regular in-mails to show your interest. Participate in discussions with people who are of interest, and share posts likely to attract the targeted business person or client.
For example, if you are an PPC advertising agency, you need to create posts on the activities you are doing, the services you offer, and even your growth story. Create articles on latest industry trends, and hashtag people and organisations you know will immensely benefit or those more likely to react to your posts. Reach out to business development and sales professionals of different companies to show how you can help generate organic leads.
Created for the sales professionals, the Sales Navigator is the perfect tool to get the lead generation edge over your competitors. It offers you the chance to import all your LinkedIn contacts without effort and synch them to your SalesForce tools or apps.
- It offers the functionality of the lead builder tool which you can use to filter the leads. There are 22 search filters you can create, and save, to facilitate easier search in the future. It helps refine your search based on niche, location, department, etc.
- You can also take the help of LinkedIn email to inform you about a new lead instantly. For example, if someone in the US, shows an interest in your business, you need not worry about losing the lead, as LinkedIn email will keep you updated and save your sea.
- Businesses or individuals following your LinkedIn Business page will be highlighted. These are high-quality relevant leads, you can reach out to with a business proposition.
- Generate higher engagement as you will be updated about posts with regards to your business. It culminates in the perfect point to start a conversation and engage a wider audience.
- The Navigator provides the option of saving the lead and/or assigning to the right person or team with the required. You can monitor as well as manage your lead generation with the tool.
- Social Media: While being a tool for businesses, LinkedIn also functions as a social media site. Not all posts you share need to be “intellectual” or “business-oriented”. Even Steve Jobs, the master marketers, relied on the humane touch and emotional triggers. Statistics show that you will get 277% more lead generation on LinkedIn than Facebook.
Don’t be afraid to share personal stories, aspirations and goals. Emotional triggers such as hope, endurance, kindness in a business setting are more likely to get a response along with a higher recall-value. Keep your stories realistic – don’t create soppy or negative posts. Be sure to share phone numbers, site address or the name of your business prominently, enabling customers, and influencers to easily access you.
- Clients: LinkedIn is a great tool for you to find individuals and services for your business, but it also acts as a way for potential clients and customers to find you. The search engine is also a way for clients to find their way to your business if it is listed on LinkedIn. Additionally, it allows people to look more into your business and what you have to offer, especially if you are connected to other individuals and businesses on the website.
For example, a US-based manufacturing unit, looking for suppliers in India can narrow the search feature mentioned above. If you are active on the network or if you have common connections, the chances of your business showing on top of the search result are definitely higher. While the limit is at 30,000 connections, reaching that number itself will take years and a dedicated effort. However, even with 1-2 thousand relevant connections, the chances of meeting potential business partners from across the world increases manifold.
In the end, LinkedIn is a powerful tool for businesses, both in regards to growth and lead generation – it has the potential to deliver 80% of your B2B leads with a conversion rate for visitor-to-lead at 2.74%. The website acts as a way for your business to find the ideal and perfect partnerships with other businesses. It also acts as a social media platform to connect with professionals, decision-makers and disruptors who can help your business grow in the direction you want.
LinkedIn can be used as a tool to grow your business and for lead generation. The website’s features include search engines to find both clients and partners, as well as professionals to assist your business.