Internet Marketing, News,
Google Releases My Business API Version 3.0
The latest version of Google My Business API has been released with several new features added to it.
Check out the full list for your reference
- Attributes Add category-specific details about locations
- Reviews: Retrieve and reply to business reviews using the API
- Find Matching Location: Find and manually sync locations of existing maps with your business’s location.
- Transfer Location Allows transferring a location from one account (business or personal) to another.
- Preferred Photo Specify photos you’d prefer to show up first in Google Maps and Search
- New Location States Location-based states could be classified as ‘is_verified’ and ‘needs_reverification.’
- New Search Filters New search filters such as: ‘ any_google_updates,’ ‘is_suspended,’ and’ is_duplicate.’
- Photo URL Improvements Accepts photo URLs without an image format suffix.
Backwards incompatible changes include:
- Locations must have a Google+ page in order to update photos
- ‘Location name’ and ‘category name’ to be considered as output only
- No need of ‘field masks’ for location. prefix for included fields
- ‘Create/update operations’ now considers location as the body payload, other parameters have been shifted to the query string.
These new features may add more functionality, especially for people who manage locations at scale.
What do you think?
Read also Visual Sitelinks Extension by Google in Mobile Search Ads