Assistant Manager Business Development
Job summary :
This role is to build upon Techmagnate's position as a leading Digitial Marketing Agency and achieve financial growth. Potential candidate will be responsible to define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Working in a senior sales position within the company. It will be your job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization. To achieve this, you would need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future. The potential candidate should manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. Call on clients to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict the clients' future needs.
New Business Development :
Client Retention :
- Prospect for potential new clients for Internet Marketing (SEO,SMO & PPC etc) and turn these into increased business.
- Trap enquiries within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company's practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client's needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
Business Development Planning :
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Management and Research :
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new service offering & networking.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met individually & by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff as the need be.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company's people and capabilities.
- Understand the company's goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company's performance.
Business development management positions require a bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience. MBA/PGDBM in sales & marketing is desirable but not mandatory.
Other Skills and Qualifications :
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.