Our experience with Raven Tools at Techmagnate
January 12, 2016
SEO is no more a cakewalk these days and you need hi-end tools to conduct advanced analytics and to stay ahead of the competition. We have been using Raven Tools for more than 2 years now at Techmagnate and here is our honest Raven Tools review.
There are many recommended SEO tools available in the market ranging from free to download software to the expensive paid tools, where you might have to pay up to $1000 per month (for enterprise version). Let’s first define our objectives.
Different tools have different features and functionalities and we choose one according to our current needs.
For example, to check a website’s health and keyword rankings, we use SEMrush, to search ideas for content we use BuzzSumo, to track historical rankings we use AuthorityLabs and for competitive research we use SpyFu.
We thought a competitor analysis will help evaluate which SEO tool is the best among all. Let’s see how Raven Tools fares against some of its competitors. There are two major competitors of Raven- Moz and SEMrush. If you compare Raven Tools vs Moz, or between SEMrush vs Raven Tools then you will be able to find that both have some positive and negative factors, but some of the factors that are always experienced better in Raven Tools include:
- Quality of support
- Ease of doing business
- Easily manageable by the admin
- Site audits
- Social analytics
- Web analytics integration
- User, roles, and access management
- Mobile user support
- Reporting and dashboard
Majestic offers citation flow and trust flow metrics and Google Analytics is better overall. So, which one to choose? It’s a difficult question. Let me share my experience with you using different SEO tools.
Site Auditor function of Raven Tools
I love the Site Auditor function of Raven Tools. You can have a look at it:
Raven Tools SEO audit gives you a detailed report of the issues with the site from SEO results point of view. Be it, meta issues, content issues, visibility issues, link issues, image issues, page redirects or semantic issues.
Furthermore, it goes deeper unlike other tools. It gives you the report of issues on every page.
Compare it with the audit report of another SEO tool:
Now compare both the reports. The report generated by Raven Tools is quite comprehensive and crystal clear and it comes with excellent presentation. That’s reason why Raven is so popular with SEO professionals.
It helps us in better decision making. I especially like some of its functions such as Competitor Analysis and Research Central. Backlink Explorer also offers some amazing features.
We know that “our competitors can be the best source of the marketing advice”.
But how to conduct research and collect data about them?
The moment we hear the word “research”, the images of complex graphs and excel sheets start popping up in our head. There is a lot of work to be done to be able to grasp some meaningful and helpful insights for our campaigns using complex research data.
That’s the reason why people stay away from research. But, competitor analysis is an important part of the game of SEO.
I was also a little uncomfortable with the idea of research, when I began my career in digital marketing, but soon I realized that you can’t do without it.
When I started using Raven Tools, I was surprised to know how easy it can be to analyze reports and take important decisions, if reports are made in such a user-friendly way. Plus there is something more – the in-depth analysis.
Have a look at the screen shots of audit reports downloaded from Raven.
Here is the backlink distribution report of a random site:
It gives you a comprehensive backlink distribution report both according to the domain and other metric. The tool covers up to 50, 000 back-links for any URL.
Webpage Research Report
Now have a look at this webpage research report.
It gives you the link report of a webpage with its Moz Page Authority, etc.
See, how it uses the strengths of tools like Majestic, Moz, Google AdWords, and some other SEO tools to give you a comprehensive SEO report.
It makes it much more reliable and easy to use and – the best keyword research and competitor research tool ever!
Raven Tools Pricing
- It has some affordable plans for busy marketers. If you are a marketing consultant or a small agency, then there is a specific plan for you.
- It can be used by 4 users at a time.
- It can manage marketing campaigns.
- It can prepare automated branded reports.
- It can get free email based help and training.
- It’s Site Auditor crawls up to 10,000 pages per site. It can crawl up to 50,000 pages on monthly basis.
If you are a mid-size agency or have a large team, then you can consider a specific plan that comes with the following features:
- It can be used by unlimited users.
- It can manage unlimited marketing campaigns.
- It can prepare unlimited automated branded reports.
- It enables White Labelling with Custom Domain.
- It’s Site Auditor crawls up to 10,000 pages per site. It can crawl up to 100,000 pages on monthly basis.
Raven Tools Features- What’s New in 2017?
1. Now, the left toolbar slides in and out. This gives more space to work in tool.
2. In Raven Tools, under the Campaign section, three new sections have been created:
- Analytics (containing Google Analytics, Site Performance, Competitor Manager, and Keyword Manager)
- Settings (containing Event Manager, Tag Manager, and Campaign Settings)
- Email Metrics.
3. Reports are displayed at the top of the toolbar for the convenience of the users.
4. Global icons like ‘Help’, ‘CRM’, ‘Tasks’, and ‘Notifications’ will now appear at the top-right of the top navigation section.
5. From the top-menu section, ‘Profiles’ and ‘Campaigns’ are searchable now.
This is not a promotional article. It’s based on real insights we learned at our digital marketing agency, Techmagnate and we believe that our Raven SEO review can help many SEO experts worldwide.
We cordially recommend this tool to all SEO professionals. It will help you run your campaigns in a much better way.