Google Updates, SEO,
Why is Techmagnate cutting back on directory submissions?
March 25, 2013
1. What are directory submissions?
Directory submissions are one of the many off-page activities done for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). All our SEO Packages include Directory Submissions though the number varies according to the packages.
2. When will you be stopping these activities?
Beginning April 1, 2013, we will scale back our activities for directory submissions. This will be a phased process and each client will be informed individually.
3. Why are you stopping directory submissions?
With updates in recent times by Google (Panda, Penguin, Webmaster Link Schemes) and other search engines relating to content quality and link submissions, many webmasters and seo companies have reported major drops in search engine rankings for their clients websites.
Most directory submissions are low-quality and we feel that they don’t add any value to the SEO process; in fact they could get your website penalized. To prevent your websites from taking a serious hit in one of the future updates, we are scaling back the directory submissions on low-quality directories.
4. What are low quality directories?
Any directories that will not add value to your off-page activities or will be counted as spam sites.
5. How do you determine what the low-quality directories are?
We use the checklist below:
- Zero page-rank
- Low domain authority
- Domain age < 1 year
- Multiple directories on the same IP
- Mirror directories
- Directories that generate dynamic search URL’s ( URLS’s that get indexed in search engines and count as un-natural back links).
6. How will you compensate for the reduced directory submissions in our activity plan?
We will compensate 15 low-quality directory submissions with one local business listing.
7. Do you have any literature for us to read regarding these changes?
Yes we do. We’ve tried our best to answer any questions you might have, but if you’d like to understand these changes in more depth, please read through the links we’ve compiled for you.