Google Updates, Internet Marketing, SEO,
SEO Packages at Techmagnate are Changing, Effective October 1st, 2013
September 30, 2013
SEO has evolved from a set of tasks that needed to be accomplished for higher rankings to marketers and businesses having to pay attention to what their clients honestly want. When Google began rolling out changes to its algorithm late last year, we began restructuring our SEO Packages and Plans to make sure they’re Google Panda and Penguin compliant.
As Google steps up with stricter controls, it’s become very clear to us and most other forward thinking SEO companies that some Off-Page SEO activities have become obsolete, and new activities like Social Sharing are influencing keyword rankings.
To accommodate Google’s latest updates, we’re changing our SEO packages once again, effective October 1st, 2013. And here’s what you can expect from Techmagnate.
- A Stronger Focus on Quality, Not Quantity. Like we said, the old ways of achieving higher rankings through wide scale article marketing, press releases with optimized anchor text links, blog commenting, forum comments with optimized anchor texts are now considered a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. What matters is being able to produce valuable content that matters to readers, i.e. content that gets linked to automatically and drives traffic to the site. We won’t start out with a pre determined number of links we have to build for you.For more information, refer to Google’s Update on Link Schemes.
- Content Marketing & Social Shares.We’ll be adding different methods of marketing the content developed around your website, which include content marketing via infographics and social shares.The objective is to create conversations around your brand online, which serves a dual purpose for branding and rankings, simultaneously. We’re incorporating these strategies in lieu of the Off-Page activities that we’re taking away. For now, we’ll be expanding the content creation from text to images, because any content with images included is much more likely to see shares in relevant communities.Take a look at our blog post, Content Curation Guide for SEO, for instance. To date, it’s one of our most popular posts because of the corresponding infographic created in-house; in fact, for a whole week, the infographic was visible above the fold on Pinterest for a “content curation” search.
- Stronger Focus on On-Page SEO. Moving forward, we’re going to be more diligent in ensuring On-Page compliance for your entire website instead of targeting a limited number of pages. This is a change we’re making for all clients, especially those who’ve signed up for our Value and Standard SEO packages.
- Transparent Communication. For the last few months, we’ve been encouraging our clients to participate actively in their branding and marketing efforts. At this juncture, we’d once again like to reiterate the importance of keeping Techmagnate in the loop when any changes occur with your website or your product. We welcome you to share your ideas for your content development as well. In the long run, it’ll only help us serve you better.
- Changes to Reporting. You’ll see a change in your monthly reports, beginning with the next reporting cycle. Instead of focusing on the number of links built, we’ll be sharing the end result with you every month, i.e. your website engagement and social shares in addition to traffic and keyword rankings.
We understand that change takes time to become comfortable with, and that’s why we want to keep you in the loop to help you navigate through all the new requirements for Search Optimization. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to write to us or call to let us know how we can help.